Creamy Crab Croquette
By far my most viral recipe on TikTok. These creamy crab croquettes are softy and gooey on the inside and crispy and CRONCHy on the outside
Written by Doobydobap
Creamy Crab Croquettes
By far my most viral recipe on TikTok. These creamy crab croquettes are softy and gooey on the inside and crispy and CRONCHy on the outside.
- 150g crab meat/imitation crab meat (Surimi), shredded
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp butter for sautéeing
- ½ cup AP flour for dusting
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- Neutral oil for frying
- parsley for garnish
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp AP Flour
- 120mL whole milk
- Prepare the ingredients.
- On medium-high heat, melt butter. Once the butter is bubbling, add the crab meat, onion, and spring onions. Sautee for 3 minutes or until the onion has turned slightly translucent.
- Put the mixture in a separate bowl to cool down.
- Using the same pan, let’s make the béchamel sauce.
- On medium-low heat, melt the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the flour in. Whisk to “cookout” the raw flour taste.
- After 1 minute, add the milk in. Whisk to combine until it forms a sauce.
- Add the béchamel to the sautéed ingredients.
- Transfer to a separate container. Spread out the mixture evenly.
- Place cling film on top of the mixture. Make sure it adheres to the surface of the mixture.
- Let it cool in the fridge for at least 1 hour (or in the freezer for 30 mins). This makes the mixture a lot easier to handle.
- Let’s prepare to fry. Add oil to a large pot. Heat on medium-high until it comes up to 170C / 335F.
- On 3 plates/ baking sheets add flour, mixed egg, and panko bread crumbs.
- Take the mixture out of the fridge and divide it into 6 equal pieces.
- Scoop the mixture out and form a ball. Coat the mixture with flour, egg, and panko. Make sure to dust off any excess flour, egg, and pack in the panko tightly.
- Gently place the croquettes in the oil. Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Place it on a rimmed baking tray to cool down.
- Repeat for all the balls.
- Garnish with parsley and dig in!!
Hi, I’m Tina aka Doobydobap!
Food is my medium to tell stories and connect with people who share the same passion. My recipes are a culmination of my experiences. I hope you enjoy recreating them at home, and if you do, make sure to tag me on Instagram!
Hey Doobies, thanks for visiting! Join my mailing list for more delicious recipes and stories.