You can opt to deep-fry or use an air fryer/convection oven! Simple, easy, and delicious snack to whip up in under ten minutes.
Written by Doobydobap
You can opt to deep-fry or use an air fryer/convection oven! Simple, easy, and delicious snack to whip up in under ten minutes. I usually batch make these and store them in the freezer and pop it in the air fryer for when I want a quick snack.
15 fresh or thawed shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 slices of white bread
1 ½ tbsp potato starch
1 egg white
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp sesame oil
Neutral oil for frying or air frying
1 tbsp Japanese mayo
2 tsp sambal or sriracha
- Mince the shrimp into a paste. I like to keep mine slightly “chunky” for more texture.
- Add potato starch, egg white, salt and mix in a circular motion. The consistency should become thicker as stirred.
- Finish with a little sesame oil and mix.
- Place half of the mixture on 1 piece of toast. Place another on top like a sandwich. Repeat.
- Fry around 162°C/ 325°F for about 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. If using an air fryer/ convection oven, spray the outer sides of the bread with oil and bake at 360F 182°C / 360°F for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy with sauce!
Hi, I’m Tina aka Doobydobap!
Food is my medium to tell stories and connect with people who share the same passion. My recipes are a culmination of my experiences. I hope you enjoy recreating them at home, and if you do, make sure to tag me on Instagram!
Hey Doobies, thanks for visiting! Join my mailing list for more delicious recipes and stories.